Recharge, recollect, refresh and refocus

After completing "Set Me Free" project, I was due for a break. Spending some time with my children, finishing some DIY reno at home and basically just needed to refresh, recharge and refocus. 

I was asked by a close friend to do a series of Maternity photoshoot. Do you remember my "Empress At Forbidden City - Wu Zhou Dynasty" paper garment? There was a beautiful tall brunette paraded the piece at Burnie Art and Function Centre couple years ago. Her name is Cassy. 

Cassy is soon expecting her first child. I remember my first pregnancy. If you are a mother, I am certain that your first pregnancy was the most memorable and unforgettable one. Because we simply do not know what to expect. How our life will completely change once we brought new life into this world, our world. 

I have told many that I am no longer taking paid photography session or makeup & hair session. I want to use my time and energy to fully focus on my art; photography, hair and makeup will not be a part of my new journey. But for Cassy, I made an exception. 

I usually take on a small project or task before heading into a big one. Yes, I have given myself another project that I will have to complete by June. Small task can provide me with some distraction, getting creative on something else can divert my energy and see things differently. I am utterly excited about the new project I took on, but I also know I will exhaust every second I am given (that's just me, utilize all I have got). One thing good about taking on this photoshoot is that I get to be creative and shoot the way I wanted. Of course, I consulted the couple if there is anything specific they wanted for the session and the answer was, "Not Really"... Woohoo, good news for me. Now, many people know I don't do boring. I really didn't want to do something that has been done over and over again, that's just boring. Luckily, Cassy also didn't want those on the beach maternity shoot or whimsical garden theme thing (if you know what I mean). She is one of a kind, I think I am too. Hence, that's why we clicked. 

The theme I had in my mind is water. Underwater is something I have not done before in my 9 years being behind the lenses. But getting Cassy and Kane into the water when Cassy is at 36 weeks of pregnancy is just too hard. Did I mention that I cannot swim.. (hahahaa.. oh dear). Well, I am not compromising on my thought. Let's just do a studio session and I will work on my magic with photoshop. I have never done anything like it, will it work out? I really can't be certain. But we will soon find out. 

The session was held in my 'pop up' home studio where my office is. I think we had a relaxed session (in my opinion). Kane was nervous at the beginning but he did eventually ease up a little as we moving on. 

The results, I was satisfied and very surprised that both of them pulled off poses I needed them to. For someone who isn't a professional model, they did great. Kane has never done a photoshoot before while Cassy did 1 session with me when she was modelling my paper garment; I am exceedingly impressed of the result and very proud of them. 

So, this task is now completed.. time to focus on my up and coming big task. 

Following, I have shared some shots of the maternity session. 
_______________________________________________________________________________

Something casual to start with:



Some magic with photoshop:





The underwater... before and after:














Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This is me

Empress At Forbidden City Chapter II - Cixi

I am a TasmAsian