This is me

Hello... it has been quite some time that I was wanting to create my own blog and share my love of art with my fellow artists or just anyone who loves anything art. As a mother of 4 children, we do get side tracked and distracted by many things. Some times from my kid's school assembly or events.. or simply getting my thought together organising their birthday celebration etc. But hey, those are the things that will always happen. I cannot keep letting this slip away again. So here it is, my very own blog. 

Allow me to introduce myself; my name is Shih, and I love to create. But people who know me, known me as Cynthia, it is an easier name to called and pronounced. I am known as Cynthia since I was 18 years old. This is because my name often got pronounce incorrectly; "Shy, it is?" ~ "no, it is "She" and I am definitely not 'SHY'" .. LOL..

I based in the beautiful north-west coast of Tasmania. Currently residing in the beautiful village called Somerset with my 4 beautiful, yet sometime "a handful" children that I loved very much. I live and breath for them and I woke up every morning for them. 

I love art, almost in any form. I am a qualified makeup artist for 15 years and a hairdresser for 2 decades. I am also a professional photographer for 8 years. Currently a full time mummy for my 4 young kids and a part time artist. And I have loved every minute of it. During my career as makeup and hair artist, I often have the opportunity to create unique outfits and makeup look for my client‘s photo sessions, collaborating with local professional photographers. I have used this platform to satisfied my craving for art and an outlet for me to create. 



Above collage are some of my past and present works. 

In 2018, I have came across a competition called "Paper On Skin". A competition for artist to create outfits made of paper. 

That year has been life-changing. I have only just got out of a marriage end of year 2017. To be honest, it was the best decision I have ever made in my life. Don't get me wrong, my ex husband is not a bad person, deep down he has a good heart. I wanted a separation not because I no longer love him or hated him. But the kind of love has changed. It was hitting the point where both of us are miserable of each other. The only thing that keep us together are our 3 beautiful children. I was battling with my decision for a while. But at the end, I feel like, we both deserve happiness, trying too hard to stay together is not happy. So, I called it. All separation are ugly at some point. But I stick to my principal and tried to make it as civilised as possible. After a while, my ex seems to understand it and fast forward today; we remain as a family. I maintain good relationship with his mum and family. In fact, I still address his mum as my "Mum". Nothing going to change the fact that these people are blood related to my children. What happened to me and my ex husband will never change that. I am full time carer to our kids and my door is always open for my ex husband to visit them. We can spend time in a same room with no problem. That's all I ever wanted, for the sake of my children. And I will always love him as the father of my children but not as a life partner. If anything happened to him, yes, I will still shed a tear. 

I feel free after the separation. I have lost for a while during my marriage. I am too focus to try and figure out ways to put me and my family in front of debts. Making money, paying bills is all I think about. I lost "me" in the process that I am abandoning my passion. I feel like I need to be me again. So, when I saw the advertisement in a local newspaper about the "Paper On Skin" competition, there is a "lightbulb" moment. Why not I give this a go. Maybe I still got what it takes. And so I did...

And that's when my first fully committed wearable paper art, "Empress At Forbidden City" was born. 

Next blog, I will focus on the topic of my piece. 



Comments

  1. wow you have 4 children now its been a while glad your getting your selfe back. tak care Cynthia. Mick Thow

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wu Zhou Dynasty to close Empress's chapter

I am a TasmAsian